Saturday, January 8, 2011

A PRAYER BEFORE MASS



 PRAYER TO BE SAID BEFORE MASS

LORD, God almighty, behold me prostrate before Thee, in order to appease and honor Thy divine Majesty, in the name of all creatures. But how can I do it I, a wretched sinner? Yes, I can, and I will do it; because I know that Thou dost glory in being called the Father of mercy, and that, for love of us, Thou hast given even Thy only-begotten Son, Who offered Himself for us on the cross, and Who continually renews for us the same sacrifice on our altars. And therefore, though a sinner, yet truly penitent; wretched, and yet rich in Jesus Christ, I present myself before Thee, and with the fervor of all the saints and angels, and with the ardent love of the immaculate heart of Mary, I offer Thee, in the name of all creatures, the Masses which are now being said, with all those which have been said, and which will be said to the end of the world. I also desire to renew this offering, at every instant of this day, and of my whole life, in order to give Thy infinite majesty honor and glory worthy of Thee; to appease Thy wrath, and to satisfy Thy justice for our many sins; to render Thee thanks in keeping with Thy benefits, and to implore Thy mercy for myself and for all sinners, for all the faithful, living and dead, for the whole Church, and chiefly for its visible head, the Roman Pontiff; and lastly, for all poor schismatics, heretics, and infidels, that they may also be converted and saved.


AN OFFERING TO BE MADE DURING THE TIME OF MASS

ETERNAL Father, I offer Thee the sacrifice which Thy beloved Son, Jesus, made of Himself on the cross, and now renews on this altar. I offer it in the name of all creatures, together with the Masses which have been said and which will be said throughout the whole world, to adore Thee and to give Thee honor which Thou deservest; to render to Thee the thanks which are due Thee for Thy numberless benefits, to appease Thy anger, and to satisfy for our many sins; to supplicate Thee for myself, for the Church, for the whole world, and for the blessed souls in purgatory.

Indulgence of 3 years, once a day, for each prayer; plenary indulgence, once a month, on usual conditions. Pius IX. The S. Congr. of Indulgences, May 5, 1890, declared that priests can gain the indulgence granted for the above offering by sayingit before celebrating Mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment