Friday, January 14, 2011

OFFERING OF MASS AND COMMUNION ON SUNDAYS; HOLY TRINITY



Offering of Mass and Communion on Sundays
In Honor of the Holy Trinity

PROSTRATE before the throne of Thy divine Majesty, O my God, I humbly implore Thy pardon for my offences, and Thy grace that I may be entirely employed in praising and adoring Thee. O adorable Trinity! Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, bless me. O Holy Trinity, Whose throne is surrounded by adoring angels, and Whose awful presence is felt by all creatures, the work of Thy omnipotent hands, disdain not the homage of my heart, which I desire to consecrate entirely to Thy service. Thou art my hope and my life; what can I desire in heaven, or what can I seek on earth, but Thee? and where shall I so surely find Thee as on this altar ? I offer this Mass and holy communion in thanksgiving for the benefits bestowed upon me; give me grace to be ever grateful for them, and to serve Thee faithfully by the observance of my vows, and by an unreserved consecration of myself to Thee.


PRAYER TO THE MOST HOLY TRINITY

OMNIPOTENCE of the Father, help my weakness, and deliver me from the depth of misery. 

Wisdom of the Son, direct all my thoughts, words, and actions. 

Love of the Holy Ghost, be thou the source and beginning of all the operations of my soul, whereby they may be always conformable to the divine will.

Indulgence of 200 days, once a day. Leo XIII., March 15, 1890.


FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE INTROIT

Make acts of humility and contrition, and beg grace to assist devoutly and with profit at this august sacrifice.

FROM THE INTROIT TO THE ELEVATION

Follow the Ordinary oj the Mass.

FROM THE ELEVATION TO THE PATER NOSTER

Prostrate in spirit before God, offer Him, in thanks giving for all the benefits bestowed on you, the merits of His divine Son in this august sacrifice; pray for the wants of the Catholic Church, the propagation of the true faith, for the Pope, prelates, and clergy, for this Community, and for the Institute in general.

AT THE PATER NOSTER

Repeat devoutly this prayer, the prayer of Jesus Christ Himself and make acts of faith, love, and confidence in your Lord and Saviour, Who wishes to come into your heart.

AT THE AGNUS DEI

O LAMB of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, take away my sins, cleanse my soul from every imperfection. I am unworthy to receive Thee. Come, O Lord, and prepare my heart for Thyself. My God and my all, what have I but Thee ? Satisfy the desire of my heart: come to me and make me entirely Thine. Make an act of sincere contrition, renew your offering and intentions. Renew your vows, and then keep yourself in profound recollection, wailing to receive into your heart your Lord and your God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment