Saturday, October 23, 2010

SHORT FORM OF MORNING PRAYER FOR RELIGIOUS




(All the essential points of the preceding Morning Prayers will be found condensed in this Short Form.)

IN the name of the Father, + and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Come, Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of Thy faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Thy love.

Most holy and adorable Trinity, one God in three Persons, I adore Thee, as Thou art truly present here, with the deepest humility, and render to Thee, with my whole heart, the worship that is due to Thy sovereign majesty.

O my good God, I thank Thee for having preserved me during the past night, for all the favors Thou hast hitherto granted me, and especially for the grace of my vocation to the religious life.

I believe in Thee, because Thou art truth itself;
I hope in Thee, because Thou art all good, all-powerful, and faithful to Thy promises;
I love Thee above all things, and with my whole heart, because Thou art infinitely perfect and worthy of all love.
I am truly sorry for having offended Thee because Thou art infinitely good, and I heartily detest my sins because by them I have displeased Thee. I am firmly resolved, with the help of Thy grace, to amend my life, and to strive more earnestly than ever after perfection in the following of Christ and in the imitation of the saints. Accept, O Lord, my good will; grant me Thy blessing that I may do Thy holy will and please Thee this day in all my thoughts, words, actions, and sufferings, which I offer and consecrate to Thee, for Thy greater glory, in union with the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the immaculate Heart of Mary.

I intend to gain all the indulgences that I can this day, and to be present in spirit at all the Masses which will be celebrated to-day in the whole world.

I beseech Thee, O Lord, to accept the dedication of my whole being, and of all my good works and prayers to Thy divine honor, in union with the offerings of all just souls on earth, and of all Religious Congregations.

I implore Thy grace to enable me to perform all my duties in the spirit of our Holy Rule, and to observe faithfully my vows, which I now renew. Bless our dear Reverend Mother in the government of our holy Institute, and direct her in the way of salvation. Teach us all to do Thy will, O God, and strengthen us to fulfill it perfectly.

O Jesus, ever-present in the adorable Sacrament of the Altar, may every creature praise and bless Thee.

O Sacrament most holy; O Sacrament divine;
All praise and all thanksgiving be every moment Thine!

Lord Jesus, keep me in Thy love; let me dwell in Thy Sacred Heart, let me live in close union with Thee all through the day.

Mary, my dear Mother, I love thee; bless me and protect me.
St. Joseph, friend of the Sacred Heart, pray for me.
My good angel, enlighten and guard me, rule aid guide me.
My holy patron saints, I salute you, and beseech you, together with all the angels and saints, to pray for me.

Unto the King of ages, the immortal, invisible, only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever!

The Lord bless us, and keep us from all evil, and bring us unto life everlasting.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment