Saturday, October 23, 2010

RENEWAL OF VOWS


Renewal of Vows

I WISH, dear Jesus, to follow closely in Thy footsteps this day, carrying my cross the cross of religious life after Thee. I desire to fasten myself to the cross by renewing my holy vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience, so that I may resemble Thee more closely, my crucified Saviour, Who art the sweet Spouse of my soul. May all my actions, performed in union with Thee, be pleasing to the heavenly Father, as springing from the tree of the cross, to which I nailed myself on the happy day on which I made these vows. Sweet cross! Thou art my joy and my salvation.
 
SHORT FORMULA FOR RENEWAL OF VOWS

ALMIGHTY and eternal God, I renew and confirm with all my heart the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience which I made at my profession, and I implore Thy grace to accomplish them perfectly. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment