Saturday, November 13, 2010

NIGHT OFFERING TO THE BLESSED SACRAMENT


NIGHT OFFERING TO THE BLESSED SACRAMENT

DIVINE Jesus! lonely to-night in so many tabernacles, without visitor or worshipper, I offer Thee my poor, but loving heart. May every pulsation be a prayer of love to Thee. Thou art ever watching under the sacramental veils; in Thy love Thou never sleepest, and Thou art never weary of Thy vigil for sinners. O good Jesus, I love Thee. Thou art infinitely good, and I have displeased Thee by many sins. Forgive me I am truly sorry for having offended Thee. O sweet Jesus . O lonely Jesus! may my heart be a lamp, the light of which shall burn henceforth for Thee alone. Bless me, Jesus. Come, and refresh me spiritually by Thy presence, before I take my repose. Let me never more be separated from Thee by sin. Adorable Heart of Jesus, burning furnace of divine love! within Thy sacred wound take Thou my soul, in order that my heart may be inflamed with the love of Thee.

O Prisoner of love! divine Jesus! chain my poor heart to the foot of Thy altar. Dearest Jesus, Thou hast made my heart for Thyself alone, and it will not find rest, except in Thee ; hide it within Thy divine Heart in the tabernacle. When shall I see Thee face to face, and rest for ever in Thy bosom ? Good Lord, my heart is weary; suffer me to enter and repose in Thy Sacred Heart.

O Sacrament most holy, O Sacrament divine,
All praise and all thanksgiving be every moment Thine!

I’M, Jesus, wholly Thine;
Take this wayward heart of mine;
Guide me through this world so drear
Heart of Jesus, hear!

When I draw my parting breath,
When my eyes shall close in death,
Then, sweet Jesus, be Thou near
Heart of Jesus, hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment